2022 Ford F-150 vs 2022 Ram 1500 – Which One Has The BestTowing Capacity?Blog Aug 8th, 2022
It is an absolute delight for pickup truck drivers across Canada to witness the grandeur of the latest models of the two best-in-class trucks, the 2022 Ford F-150 and the 2022 Ram 1500. Both these trucks promise exceptional performance as they embrace advanced capabilities, state-of-the-art technological innovations and superior design. With dynamic performance, one thing that is the most important for long-haul truck drivers is how much these pickup trucks can tow. The Ford F-150 offers an impressive towing capacity of up to 14,000 lbs (6,350 kg), whereas the Ram 1500 embraces a maximum towing capacity of only 12,750 lbs (5,783 kg). Continue reading to find out which truck makes the ideal choice when looking for maximum towing capacity.
Towing Capacity of the 2022 Ford F-150
Want to pull a travel trailer, camper van or speed boat? Do it conveniently with the all-new 2022 Ford F-150. The well-engineered pickup truck offers an enormous towing capacity with all its available engine options. Standard 3.3-litre TI-VCT V6 engine tows up to 8,200 lbs (3,719 kg) and delivers an impressive 290 horsepower and 265 pound-feet of torque.
|Engine Type||Maximum Towing Capacity (kg/lb)|
|3.3L TI-VCT V6||3,719 kg (8,200 lbs.)|
|2.7L EcoBoost V6||4,581 kg (10,100 lbs.)|
|High Output 3.5L EcoBoost||3,719 kg (8,200 lbs.)|
|3.5L EcoBoost V6||6,350 kg (14,000 lbs.)|
|3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6||5,760 kg (12,700 lbs.)|
|5.0L Ti-VCT V8||5,897 kg (13,000 lbs.)|
How Ford-150 Makes Towing An Easy Job?
Along with offering an impressive towing capacity, Ford also takes care of you and everyone on the road through its wide range of towing features and advanced technologies.
- Smart Hitch: activates through the available centre touchscreen display to weigh the trailer and distribute the weight equally to maintain the balance.
- Smart Trailer Tow Connector: immediately alerts you when your trailer needs attention. You can view the tow screen display to find information about turn indicators, brake lamps and other things.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist: helps you keep the hitch and trailer in sync by offering an on-screen guide.
- Blind Spot Information System: helps you be mindful of the gap while changing lanes or taking wide turns.
- Telescoping Trailer Tow Mirrors: these work in sync with the blind spot information system to create a sense of security and safety on the road.
Towing Capacity of the 2022 Ram 1500
The 2022 Ram 1500 is available in five engine options, each delivering a generous towing capacity. Available on the Ram 1500 Laramie, Limited Longhorn and Limited, the 5.7-litre HEMI V8 engine embraces a 12,750 lb (5,782 kg) towing capacity, which is significantly less than what you get with the Ford F-150. Moreover, the 6.2-litre supercharged HEMI V8 only offers an 8,100 lb (3,673 kg) maximum towing capacity, while it produces a huge 702 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque. Though the Ram 1500 is also available with integrated towing features, they’re not as advanced as the Ford F-150.
By now, you know which one makes the preferred choice when you need it to pull a heavy trailer and other bulkier items. To learn about other features of the 2022 Ford F-150, feel free to visit Heartland Ford, your go-to car dealership, to find a wide inventory of new and used Ford vehicles.